What is VoteBuilder?
VoteBuilder is the Democratic Party’s voter database that is used by local committees and campaigns to recruit volunteers, identify our voters and get them out to vote on election day. VoteBuilder is the name of the tool. VAN (Voter Activation Network) is the name of the company that supports the tool. In 2010, VAN merged with NGP Software to form NGP VAN. NGP is a different tool that is used by campaigns to track and report fundraising as well as send out blast emails to large numbers of people. Each state manages its own implementation of VoteBuilder. Access is limited to your local committee or campaign district..
What data is included?
- Voting History
- Contact Information
- Likely Party Affiliation
- Survey Results Collected by Volunteers
How is VoteBuilder used?
- Recruit volunteers
- Identify undecided and supporting voters
- Persuade undecided voters
- Ensure our voters vote (GOTV)
Where does the data come from?
- State Certified Election Results
- National Change of Address Registry
- Social Secuity Death Index (SSDI)
- USPS Verified Address
- Consumer Databases